In May 2016, IRC opened an office in the Lac region to respond to the Boko Haram crisis. IRC implements assistance projects in health, nutrition as well as protection and response to gender-based violence. IRC Chad is committed in its 2015-2020 Strategic Action Plan, to continue to provide essential humanitarian services in health, nutrition and protection / GBV, while improving the economic well-being and building the resilience of beneficiaries, especially women and girls. IRC Chad will continue to work with and closely support states actors/ Ministries for key areas of intervention so that IRC’s actions fit into national policies to ensure better ownership of actions taken towards.
Under the direct supervision of the Grants Coordinator, the Grants Manager is responsible for providing support to the grants team. Duties include reporting for donor or internal purposes, as well as sub-grants reporting, maintaining grants files and tracking documents (in Excel) and IRC’s databases, scheduling and organizing regular grants meetings, following the financial tracking of the grants and supporting programs and operations teams in processing donor agreements and in the day-to-day grants management.
The GM will be in charge of the overall donors’ activities and elaboration of donor’s documents in order to ensure the quality of relationship with donors and the respect of reporting deadlines with a core function of providing analysis and oversight to ensure compliance with grant specific requirements, this position will also provide specialized assistance in other dimensions of the grant’s management cycle, including:
• Grants management & compliance
• Documentation of results and reporting, including preparing and/or reviewing information and reports for internal and external stakeholders.
1. Grants Management & Compliance:
• Develop and modify policies/procedures/systems in accordance with donors’ regulations and organizational needs and objectives.
• Develop and maintain grants management tools, such as funding trackers, reporting calendars, templates, and compliance guideline documents; and ensure the team is aware of these timelines.
• Support the Program and Operations team, Grants Coordinator in the preparation and follow-up of the project cycle meeting and lead the meetings in Ndjamena and/or at the field level.
• Support production of donor reports and ensure that reports are of high quality and submitted on time.
• Assist in preparations for external monitoring visits, reviews, and audits, and cross-site evaluations and participate as appropriate.
• Build grant management capacity of field staff by facilitating training, and providing one-on-one follow up support, in report writing, proposal development and other topics.
• With support from IRC’s HQ grants staff, address donor compliance questions from IRC Chad program and finance staff to ensure compliance with donor regulations.
• Assist the Program and Operations team in preparing, reviewing and modifying memoranda of understanding and contracts of grant agreements as needed by the IRC Chad Country Program
• Establish and maintain electronic and hard copy files for each grant-funded project to be used for tracking and reporting purposes.
• Conduct routine compliance reviews of grant programs.
• In coordination with Finance and Program teams, ensure efficient management of financial resources, including the review and approval of project budgets and monitoring expenditures.
• Participate in internal BvA meetings and also with partners to ensure that grant is on track, and all under/overspent are handled with proper planning.
• Work closely with finance and grants teams to revise, adjust budget if needed.
• Ensure full compliance with all donors, IRC, and other fiduciary regulations.
2. Documentation of results and reporting:
• Work with relevant staff to leverage IRC programmatic and operational results for marketing, positioning, and direct fundraising purposes, including maintaining data on past performance and organization capacity, publications and dissemination, and donor visits.
• Participate in quarterly program reviews and evaluations to ensure systematic documentation of program best practices and lessons learned by program staff, maintain a centralized system with access by all staff and disseminate as appropriate.
• In collaboration with the Programs and Operations teams, establish effective systems to ensure timely reporting to donors, support other staff in understanding funder requirements and ensure reports themselves are in the correct format, and edit sections of reports as needed.
• 2/3 years of experience in a grant management role, preferably with an NGO
• Prior grants management experience and familiarity with USG (USAID/BHA, BPRM), European (AFD, ECHO, SIDA), and UN (UNHCR, UNFPA, UNICEF, CHF) donor regulations, procedures and requirements.
• Demonstrated experience with coordinating funding proposals and progress reports from institutional and private donors.
• Ability to efficiently deal with competing priorities.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills and demonstrated ability to produce and edit documents under deadline pressure.
• Working knowledge of budget development and management
• Experience working in a multi-cultural setting and preferably in Africa.
• Competence with Windows, Microsoft Office
• Ability to work in unstable security environments.
• Fluent written and spoken English and French.
Gestion, comptabilité, finance
Management, direction générale
|Secteur d´activité :||
|Type de contrat :||
Abéché – Am Timan – Amdjarass – Ati – Bardaï – Biltine – Bol – Bongor – Doba – Fada – Faya-Largeau – Goz Beïda – Koumra – Laï – Mao – Massakory – Massenya – Mongo – Moundou – Moussoro – Ndjamena – Pala – Sarh
|Niveau d’expérience :||
Expérience entre 2 ans et 5 ans
|Niveau d’études :||
|Langues exigées :||
|Nombre de poste(s) :||1|