I. Support to programme development and planning :
- Provide technical support as necessary to the process of developing and monitoring of the Section’s annual work plans and the MYRP workplan, including reporting on progress of the equity and gender markers ;
- Provide technical support as necessary in organising and managing annual/mid-year/mid-term/end term education programme reviews ensuring consistency with objectives and goals set out in the CPD and contribute to the annual management plan ;
- In collaboration with the Section’s programme specialists and officers, develop a M&E plan covering the overall Section’s programs and a specific M&E plan derived from the MYRP results framework that includes its core indicators, baselines and targets ;
- Create a database for the management of the different Section’s interventions and of the MYRP programme covering the list of the intervention sites, beneficiary’s schools and other stakeholders and for the tracking of key results, financial information, purchases of material and advances made to partners (DCT) ;
- Develop standardized tools to collect the Section’s indicators (including indicators on learning achievement) and oversee the collection of data from the field by partners NGOs and International Organizations, the Ministry of Education and UNICEF field offices.
II. Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results :
- Monitor and report on the use of sectoral programme resources (financial, administrative and other assets), verify compliance with approved allocation, organizational rules, regulations/procedures and donor commitments, standards of accountability and integrity. Report on issues identified to ensure timely resolution by management/stakeholders. Follow up on unresolved issues to ensure resolution ;
- In collaboration with the project officer on Edutrac, identify schools and Parents Teachers Associations to be covered by Edutrac and extract regular data from the Edutrac platform to inform sound implementation of the MYRP and the Section’s programmes ;
- Reinforce the capacities of implementation partners (MENPC, NGOs, etc.) by organizing and managing trainings on data collection and EMIS for a good understanding of the Section’s interventions and its M&E plan as well as to build their capacity to collect quality and accurate statistics ;
- Monitor data collection on a regular basis and update the Section’s database every month ;
- Undertake field visits and surveys and share information with stakeholders to assess progress and refer to relevant officials for resolution. Report on critical issues, bottlenecks and potential problems for timely action to achieve results ;
- Draft regular human-interest stories to share with the Communication Section.
III. Technical and operational support to programme implementation :
- Compile data of the Section program’s interventions and prepare periodic and annual donor reports on the achievements, identify and document bottlenecks, lessons learned and best practices and propose remediation actions in case targets are not fully met ;
- Manage the various processes for the evaluation of the MYRP program and others Section’s programs (recruitment of consultants, organize materials, briefings and all required administrative arrangements) and actively follow up with stakeholders on the implementation of evaluation results ;
- Hold regular meetings with the people/institutions involved in implementation for monitoring and evaluation of interventions of the MYRP ;
- Ensure that the necessary spot checks for the implementing partners are done timely and reports are shared with the relevant staffs and on UNICEF’s management tools.
IV. Networking and partnership building :
- Provide technical and operational support to a wide range of stakeholders and evaluators on UNICEF policies, practices, standards and norms ;
- Build and sustain effective close working partnerships with government counterparts and national stakeholders through active sharing of information and knowledge to facilitate evaluation and build their capacity for evaluation planning and implementation ;
- Participate in appropriate inter-agency (UNCT) meetings/events on evaluations to collaborate with inter-agency partners/colleagues on UNDAF operational planning and preparation and to integrate and harmonize UNICEF position and strategies with the UNDAF development and planning process.
V. Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building :
- Identify, capture, synthesize and share lessons learned from evaluations for integration into broader knowledge development planning and management efforts ;
- Research and report on best and cutting-edge practices for development planning of knowledge products and systems for evaluations ;
- Participate as resource person in capacity building initiatives to enhance the competencies of clients/stakeholders.
Work Experience :
- A minimum of one year of professional experience in programme planning, management, and/or research in education is required ;
- Relevant experience in program/project monitoring and evaluation in a UN agency or organization is an asset ;
- Strong demonstrated experience in proposal and reports writing required. Proven ability to synthesize and powerfully convey messages and good knowledge and understanding of UNICEF programmatic work and principles will be an advantage ;
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, with close attention to detail ;
- Solid experience in the usage of computers and office software programmes particularly Excel and experience in statistical analysis and in handling web-based management systems is an asset ;
- Experience working in a developing country is considered is as an asset ;
- National work experience ;
- Background/familiarity with emergency situations would be an asset.
Language Proficiency : Fluent French, good Knowledge of English is required. Knowledge of the local Arabic would be an advantage
|Secteur d´activité :||
|Type de contrat :||
Abéché – Am Timan – Amdjarass – Ati – Bardaï – Biltine – Bol – Bongor – Doba – Fada – Faya-Largeau – Goz Beïda – Koumra – Laï – Mao – Massakory – Massenya – Mongo – Moundou – Moussoro – Ndjamena – Pala – Sarh
|Niveau d’expérience :||
Débutant < 2 ans
|Niveau d’études :||
|Langues exigées :||
|Nombre de poste(s) :||1|